We now accept all major insurance providers. We are in network with Cigna and United Healthcare. We can also accept Blue Cross.
Upon request, we can print a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company.
You can find out if your insurance provides acupuncture benefits by calling your insurance company’s patient information or benefits line. This number can be found on your insurance card.
If your insurance provider does cover acupuncture, here are a few questions that you can ask to determine your eligibility and coverage:
- How many treatments do I get?
- How much does the insurance company pay?
- What is the normal co-pay for acupuncture from a preferred provider? (This is the amount you would pay out-of-pocket for each visit to a practitioner on their provider list.)
- What percentage will I pay for out-of-network practitioners? (This is the amount you would pay out-of-pocket for each visit to a practitioner who is NOT on their provider list.)
- Who must provide the acupuncture?
- Will I need a referral from an MD to see the acupuncturist?
- What is my deductible?
- What conditions are covered for acupuncture? (Many plans only cover the treatment of pain)
Flex Plans & Health Savings Accounts:
Acupuncture and recommended nutrition, herbs and essential oils bought from us is a covered medical expense under most Flex Plans, and it is a covered expense for HSA’s. Please check with your plan administrator to be sure that your purchases are a covered expense.
It is also important to realize that paying for acupuncture treatments is a way of saving money on your health in the long run.
Call us now at 630.442.0232 to schedule your appointment. Or schedule online.